Joey Resting

Yesterday was dreary day outside, but I was excited because BJ had the day off. I woke up about 6, and started the coffee. Coffee is a vital part of my daily life. I’m the stereotypical person who needs to be left alone until they’ve had their coffee.

I enjoyed my coffee, and did my morning routine of watching my show. I woke BJ up at 8, but he didn’t get up and about until about 9. We hung out some, and watched television. Then we got ready to get out of the house, even though it was really cold and rainy.

We wound up at Mellow Mushroom for lunch. When we go there at lunchtime we usually get a couple individual cheese slices. After lunch we went to a Tuesday Morning store that I’ve never been in before. I found tons of things I would’ve loved to buy, but instead we ended up buying some black currant tea, a underbed bag that I’m hoping to store sheets in, and a length of rope with loops on the end that I may use to make another bohemian valance.

For Valentine’s Day this year, BJ got a Groupon deal for me. It was a 45-minute aromatherapy massage. I haven’t had a professional massage since I was won my honeymoon 10 years ago. We were both hoping that the relaxation and mix of essential oils would help ease my headache.

When I arrived the lady who was the massage therapist had me fill out a information sheet. We discussed some of the things I can do to help with my migraines. She mentioned putting a drop of frankincense on the roof of my mouth when I start to feel the headache coming one. We also discussed reiki, which is basically a non-religion based form of healing where there is laying of hands on the person and providing help and healing to different parts of the body.

My massage was very relaxing. It was not a deep tissue massage, so it was mostly just soothing. There were different blends of essential oils that were massaged into my back. The were 8 oils used in total. She also performed some of the reiki on my neck and head. Then she also did some on my left foot that had surgery last year, and still has some tenderness. Overall the massage was well worth it, and I may get another one soon.

After I was done, we drove to Ditto Landing where BJ fished a little bit, but it was too cool and windy to do it very long. We headed to Costco for coffee and frozen fruit for smoothies. Then BJ went into Lowe’s, and got all the supplies necessary to make my photo ledges. We made a couple more stops after that, and then headed home.

When we got home, BJ went right to work on the photo ledges. He used MDF boards, and he made the first 3 for us to try out in no time. We’re going to spray paint them a grayish color. These ledges will go onto my wall just to the right when you go into my craft room. This set of shelves will be for displays of photos on BJ’s side of the family.

Picture Ledge 1

I’m not sure exactly how I’ll do the back wall. I know I want it filled with pictures of family. I thought about putting some kind of large canvas photo in the center of the wall.

I have a million projects in my head that I’d like to do, but I’ve got to remember to pace myself. I can only multitask so much.

I’d like to do a daily gratitude statement. There’s too much negativity in the world, and there are many things to be thankful for. Today I would like to say how thankful I am to have a roof over my head that is safe and comfortable.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s