Saturday Football and Friends

I woke up about 7 and made some coffee. I waited until MrB woke up, and we fixed egg noodles and cabbage. It works better if both of us are working on it at the same time. I’m still learning how to juggle multiple things going on in the kitchen at one time. He used the food processor to chop up the cabbage. He chopped up an onion while I got some butter and olive oil heating up in one pot. In another pot I got some water boiling. I almost spilled all of the noodles in the floor before I got them into the boiling water. Thankfully I didn’t drop all of them. The cabbage, onions, and garlic cooked down and were taken off the stove eye to wait for the noodles to cook. MrB drained the noodles and poured them into the pot with the cabbage. I put liberal amounts of pepper and a little salt on it, and then stirred it all together. It was a great lunch.

We watched some television before MrB headed to work for his evening shift. I watched a little football, and did some reading. He took some of the noodles with him to eat for his lunch.

In the early morning, one of my best friends sent me a text asking what I was doing in the afternoon. She lives in Nashville so I was intrigued. It turned out she was coming to my town to a wedding. I’ve known my friend since we were 7 years old, and we’ve spent many hours on the phone together as kids. We don’t get to talk as much now that she’s a busy mother of two. With her being about two hours away from me, we don’t get to see each other that much either. When she was done at the wedding I drove downtown and met her, her mother, and her two little girls. I haven’t seen her in months, so it was a welcome visit. Her youngest daughter is about 18 months old, and her older daughter is almost 5. I enjoyed holding the youngest and hearing her talk a little. Last time I saw her she wasn’t really talking. The weather was cool and misty, so we didn’t visit long. It was such a treat to see them.

I came home, and watched the end of our team’s great football game. Then spent the evening cleaning dishes, watching football, and knitting. I’m pretty much done with my second hat. I hope to pick up speed with the rest of my projects. It’s mostly an issue of getting into a rhythm. If I really get into a rhythm, then I can quickly finish a hat. I’m hoping to make probably 8-10 more hats. For dinner I had a slice of fresh bread with some peanut butter. I really love the taste of this fresh bread. I’m going to have to buy some more flour and yeast before I can make more bread.

I got sleepy and fell asleep before MrB got home from work. It was a successful day. I didn’t spend any money, and I got to see a dear friend.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s