Fabulous Friday

I woke up around 6:45. I first took our recycling out to the curb, because it had been too windy the night before to put it out. I did my meditation, and made a pot of coffee. I ate some pancakes, and I’m trying out agave nectar as the topping for my pancakes. I had a gastric bypass in 2008, and when I eat something sweet I sometimes get something called Dumping Syndrome. With it sugary or starchy food sometimes goes thru my stomach too quickly causing my blood sugar to drop. It causes shakiness and sweating. Maple syrup really causes problems, but it seems as though agave nectar is much easier on me.

MrB woke up about 8:30 and we visited until he had to go to work. He took a package of microwave madras lentils and the quinoa and rice mix I had cooked the day before for his lunch.

I spent some of the afternoon knitting and reading. I started two loaves of bread. It takes about 2 and a half hours from beginning to end. I decided to slice and freeze the bread, and just toast it when I want to use it. We just don’t go thru enough bread to eat two loaves before they start going bad.


After my bread was finished I cleaned house a little. I swept the kitchen and vacuumed the living room. Honestly, by nature, I’m a bit of a slob when it comes to housework, but I’m working on it slowly but surely. I don’t expect to become a domestic diva overnight, but as long as I’m making progress I’ll be happy.

After napping I washed my linen bread bags and some scarves of mine that had been in storage. I washed them on a delicates setting, and then partially dried the bread bags in the dryer. I draped the scarves over the shower curtain rod in my bathroom to dry. I wear fairly plain clothing usually, but I like to add a little with my accessories.

MrB was working an evening shift, so I spent the evening keeping myself occupied. I sometimes like to watch the show Mysteries at the Museum, and so I watched that some. I ate leftover pasta for dinner. I fed Denver, and he was in a very playful mood. I gave him lots of back scratches, and he gave me lots of kisses. Thankfully I’m able to keep my face away from him. He mostly kisses my hands, my pant’s legs, or even my shoes. He’s a sweet boy. Joey has improved a good bit with his mobility, but I’ve ordered some joint vitamins for him to start taking.

My foot warmer.
My foot warmer. He hates looking at the camera.

I was able to stay awake until MrB came home from work, but it wasn’t long before I was headed to bed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s